Sunday, January 24, 2010

Yep, I'm a dork, too!

Oh, the fun of writing! I've always enjoyed words. They hold so much power. They can persuade, manipulate, criticize. All by little symbols on a piece of paper. I used to write often, when my children were little. I also tried a little bit of blogging a couple of years ago, but kids take an enormous amount of time (do I hear all the mom's saying, "well, duh?!). Now that they are 8, 9, and 11, and all fairly independent, I decided it was time to do it again. I used to be able to do all kinds of things, like jump rope without my breasts hitting me in the eye, run a 10-minute (ok, maybe it was more like 12 minutes) mile, and read a romance novel from cover to cover. But, after children, well... things sort of went by the wayside. Anything that wasn't necessary or took any extra effort (shaving my legs) went out the window. So my new years resolution was to find out if I still have it, and my husband is really appreciating the fact that I'm shaving my legs again. Seriously, I think writing is a powerful thing for not only the reader, but the person laying it all out there. Who needs therapy?! NOT me! I'll just write it all down and let everyone in on a huge secret! Yep, I'm a dork!

No comments:

Post a Comment