Monday, January 25, 2010

Mommy Brain

I'm sure if you have children you know about this phenomenon. It's that lack of concentration and utter brain-deadness that comes with pregnancy. It usually goes away after pregnancy also, but I seem to have developed a horrible re-occuring case that just comes along when I'm least expecting. Like today for instance, I got everyone ready for school and was contemplating the wonderful time I was going to have (insert sarcastic tone here) during my teacher in-service today. I just LOVE (there it goes again) sitting on folding chairs listening to someone talk about what to do in an ideal classroom where all of your students are carbon copies of the perfect little students. Anyway, I walked down the hallway toward my classroom door, chatting with my daughters and trying to juggle my computer, miscellaneous food (it takes lots of energy to get through these days), drinks, and my keys. As I approached my door I grabbed my car clicker and hit the unlock button, what? no little click? Hit it again, jiggle the doorknob. WHY isn't this working? One last hit... and my 9 year old dd says, "Mom, don't you think the key would work better?" There it is, another instance of mommy brain, and it hit when my youngest is 8 years old. Some days you win at this game and then there was today!

No comments:

Post a Comment